Welcome to the Secondary Library
Welcome to the Southeast of Saline Secondary Library!
Mr. Lynn, Librarian, and Mrs. Reece, Library Aide, invite you to all the library has to offer.
The Secondary Library differs from our elementary library in several ways.
- Students no longer have a set time once a week for library time. They can come in whenever allowed by a classroom teacher, before or after school. The library is open from 7:30-3:30.
- Students are also expected to be more responsible on the secondary side.
- Junior and Senior High students are allowed to borrow up to 5 items.
- The library is used frequently by classroom teachers as a computer lab.
- SES Card Catalog, located under the Students tab, includes books from the elementary and secondary libraries.
Library accounts can be tracked from the card catalog. At the bottom of the Search page, click on the yellow button labeled User Status. In the barcode window, enter your library number. Then fill in the following windows and click OK. If you do not know your library number, you will not be able to track your books from home. Memorize your library number.
- Most of the books in the library have a Reading Level. The Reading Level label is at the top of the spine of the book. The first number is the grade level and the number after the decimal point is the time period within that year of school. Therefore, a book with the Reading Level 6.5 would be appropriate reading for approximately half-way through the Sixth Grade year of school for an average reader.
- Overdue notices are sent directly to the student's gmail account.
- We do not charge fines for overdue materials, but we do ask that compensation be made for lost or damaged books. Replacements rarely fit the qualifications for the heavy use a library book receives. Please visit with us concerning damaged books.
- Donations are accepted with the understanding that our librarian has the final decision as to whether the donation is appropriate for our library.
Be sure to check out the many links we have listed on our site.
We welcome questions and comments! Contact us by email.
Mr. Kendall Lynn
Mrs. Diane Reece