Welcome to the Southeast of Saline Secondary Library!
Mr. Lynn, Librarian, and Mrs. Reece, Library Aide, invite you to all the library has to offer.
Basic Library information:
- Students can use the library whenever allowed by a classroom teacher as well as before or after school. The library is open from 7:30-3:30.
- Students are also expected to be more responsible on the secondary side.
- Junior and Senior High students are allowed to borrow up to 5 items.
- The library is used frequently by classroom teachers as a computer lab.
- Most of the books in the library have a Reading Level. The Reading Level label is at the top of the spine of the book. The first number is the grade level and the number after the decimal point is the time period within that year of school. Therefore, a book with the Reading Level 6.5 would be appropriate reading for approximately half-way through the Sixth Grade year.
- Overdue notices are sent directly to the student's gmail account.
- We do not charge fines for overdue materials, but we do ask that compensation be made for lost or damaged books. Please visit with us concerning damaged books. Replacements rarely fit the qualifications for the heavy use a library book receives, and we may be able to repair the damage ourselves.
- Donations are accepted with the understanding that our librarian has the final decision as to whether the donation is appropriate for our library.
If a student has a fine (lost or damaged book), he/she will not be allowed to check out a book until that fine is paid or book returned.
Be sure to check out the many links we have listed on our site.
We welcome questions and comments! Contact us by email.